Hannagan Meadow Cross Country Skiing
Due to it’s altitude of 9,100 feet and perfect location, Hannagan Meadow Lodge is one of the first locations in Arizona to receive snow each year. For the same reasons, it’s also one of the last locations in Arizona to receive snow each year.
Hannagan Meadow has a great sledding, snowtubing, snow machining, snow shoeing, and cross country skiing. The tubing hill just minutes walk from our lodge and cabins and the cross country skiing opportunities extend beyond the horizon.
The lodge provides equipment rentals and trail maps for guests, making it easy for everyone to hit the trails and explore the beautiful surroundings. The trails range in difficulty, so there is something for skiers of all skill levels. Cross country ski equipment rental is just $25.00 per day.
Cross country skiing is one of the most popular winter activities at Hannagan Meadow Lodge in Arizona. Located in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests, the lodge offers access to miles of scenic trails that are perfect for cross country skiing.
Come Skiing And Say Hello To Mouse & Minnie, The Hannagan Meadow Lodge Clydesdales
One of the highlights of cross country skiing at Hannagan Meadow Lodge is the stunning views of the surrounding mountains and forests. The fresh air and peaceful surroundings make for a truly enjoyable and relaxing experience.
In addition to the cross country skiing, the lodge also offers other winter activities such as snowshoeing and sledding. After a day on the trails, guests can warm up by the fire and enjoy a hearty meal at the lodge’s restaurant.
Overall, cross country skiing at Hannagan Meadow Lodge is a wonderful way to enjoy the beauty of winter in Arizona. Whether you are an experienced skier or a beginner, there is something for everyone at this scenic mountain lodge.
And while you’re out taking in the beautiful scenery don’t forget to stop by and say hello to Mouse and Minnie the Hannagan Meadow Lodge Clydesdales. They’ll be happy to see you!
Tips For A Great Cross Country Skiing Experience
Here are some tips for a great day of cross country skiing:
- Dress in layers: Layering your clothing is key to staying warm and comfortable while cross country skiing. Start with a moisture-wicking base layer, followed by a mid-layer for insulation, and a waterproof outer layer.
- Choose the right equipment: Make sure you have the right equipment for your level of experience and the conditions of the trails. Renting equipment from a reputable shop or the ski resort is a good option for beginners.
- Start slow: It’s important to warm up and get used to the equipment before tackling more challenging trails. Start with easy, flat trails and gradually build up to more difficult terrain as you get more comfortable.
- Stay hydrated: Cross country skiing can be strenuous, so it’s important to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Consider bringing a water bottle or hydration pack with you on the trails.
- Use the proper technique: Good technique is essential for efficient and enjoyable cross country skiing. Make sure to keep your skis parallel, use a diagonal stride, and keep your upper body relaxed. Practice these techniques on easy trails before moving on to more challenging terrain.
- Take breaks: Cross country skiing can be physically demanding, so it’s important to take breaks and rest when needed. This will help you avoid fatigue and enjoy your time on the trails.
- Be prepared for emergency situations: It’s always a good idea to carry a small first aid kit and a map of the trails with you in case of emergency. It’s also important to let someone know where you are going and when you plan to return.
Ready To Book Your Stay?
Ready to experience everything the Arizona White Mountains and The Hannagan Meadow Lodge has to offer?
We are open for year-round lodging, and adventures, and the restaurant is always open to the public.
For large parties and corporate events please give us a call. We would be happy to discuss your needs